Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Solved! (was: Struts: module relative path puzzle)

Solved! (was: Struts: module relative path puzzle)

Ronald Fischer

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) on 2003-07-25 03:15:01 PST:
> When using an <html:image ...> tag, I can specify the image either
> via page='FILENAME' or via src='FILENAME'. In the former case, FILENAME
> is looked up relative to the current module, while in the latter, it
> is used relative to the base directory of my application.
>
> On my attempt to understand an existing web application, I found by looking
> at the generated code that the page and the src attributes indeed resolve
> to different pathes, but I have not found the place where the module relative
> path is defined!

I was finally able to solve the mystery myself:

The struts-config.xml may define a parameter "pagePattern", which
defines how to turn a page relative path into a context relative
path. If this parameter is undefined, Struts silently assumes that
it has the value

"$M$P"

$M means to use the module name and $P indicates the path of FILENAME
itself. Therefore, by default, the module relative path simply resolves
to the module name.

Ronald