Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Applet

Applet

Miguel De Anda

Does anybody know of a place where I can get sample code to do the
following:

Create a Swing/Awt/Applet that lets a person add shapes to the canvas and
then move/size them with the mouse? If using the mouse to move/size them is
too difficult, I don't mind have a few fields where they set the
coordinates.

I guess maybe a simpler question would be, what's the easiest way to have
multiple shapes on a canvas and move one of them without having big nasty
flickers.

Gary Thomas

I usually just redraw the whole image, and it's fast enough for me. If
you have a really complex image I could see refreshing a portion, but
it really depends on what your needs are. I'd try without it first.

Good luck,

Gary