Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > OT: sliding puzzle code

OT: sliding puzzle code

Developwebsites

Hi all,

I've made a sliding puzzle game in shockwave which works just
fine, except I dont know how to have it solve itself.

the URL is:
http://members.aol.com/rglukov/games/selfsolve.htm

There are lots of these on the net, made in java, flash, C++,
javascript, etc. and as shareware, but none seem to be solving the puzzle by
sliding the tiles as the human would.

I am looking for a solution for this in any language, java,
lingo, C++, etc.
Could this in fact be done without the code getting too complicated?
I am sure this cant be more complicated than chess source code.

remove *batSPAM* to e-mail me

Tim Tyler

Developwebsites <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: I've made a sliding puzzle game in shockwave which works just
: fine, except I dont know how to have it solve itself. [...]

Remember the sequence that did the shuffling up - and reverse it
--
|im |yler http://timtyler.org/ http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

[QUIZ] Sliding Puzzle (#196) Daniel Moore Ruby 1 03-23-2009 06:51 PM
TCP Sliding Window? Wendy Cisco 4 12-05-2004 06:42 PM
Cache and Sliding Expiration Guadala Harry ASP .Net 1 11-04-2004 09:36 AM
A puzzle to puzzle you sk A+ Certification 1 07-17-2004 05:19 PM
sliding puzzle code help Developwebsites C++ 1 08-23-2003 07:10 AM

Advertisments