Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > DNS server configuration in Apache James

DNS server configuration in Apache James

Lokesh

I have problem in configuring DNS server in james.
To add new DNS server the doc says to add only IP address in the <!--
DNS
Server Block -->. Assuming "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" is my DNS server add same
as
shown below.

<dnsserver>
<servers>
<server>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</server>
</servers>
<authoritative>false</authoritative>
</dnsserver>

I also have DNS entry for the required system in the DNS server. When
I do
nslookup using following command, it returns IP of the required
machine

For Eg:

nslookup <james sarver domain name> <DNS server IP address>
nslookup machine1.world.com 10.0.20.12
Server: ns.world.com
Address: 10.0.20.12

Name: machine1.world.com
Address: 10.0.20.2

When I send a mail from user of one James to other which is in other
machine, I get following message from administrator:

Hi. This is the James mail server at machine2
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.
Below
I include the list of recipients and the reason why I was unable to
deliver
your message.

There are no DNS entries for the hostname machine2.world.com. I
cannot
determine where to send this message.
The original message is attached.

Can some body help me in this regard! To start with I want to make
sure that there is no problem at DNS server.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Lokesh