Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JFileChooser?

JFileChooser?

Kay

Hi,

I wrote a JFileChooser to chose a file from a symbolic shortcut of a folder
on Windows XP...However, it doesn't recognize the shoftcut as a folder, but
as a file, so I can't go into this shortcut folder as I wanted to. How
should I handle this?

thanks,
-Kay

Bairam Annakov

Try this:
setFileSelectionMode(JFilesChooser.FILES_AND_DIREC TORIES);

Good luck

"Kay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bhpg1n$drf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I wrote a JFileChooser to chose a file from a symbolic shortcut of a

folder
> on Windows XP...However, it doesn't recognize the shoftcut as a folder,

but
> as a file, so I can't go into this shortcut folder as I wanted to. How
> should I handle this?
>
> thanks,
> -Kay

Kay

It doesn't work...It could recognize folders, just not symbolic links of
folders. Setting the mode doesn't change anything for me.

-Kay

news:bhq14l$2hu1$(E-Mail Removed)...