Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Itext Templates

Itext Templates

Marty

Does anyone know where I can get an example of taking a pdf file that
will add dynamic data to specific places within a page using iText?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Miguel De Anda

"Marty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Does anyone know where I can get an example of taking a pdf file that
> will add dynamic data to specific places within a page using iText?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think iText can read/modify a pdf. It can only create them. Their
website has a bunch of examples. http://www.lowagie.com/iText/docs.html

I'm actually currently working on a similar project. I'm thinking that I
will just create a pdf but save it to xml, then modify that xml, then create
the real pdf. See the examples from "chapter 7" for more info.

SkippyFire SkippyFire is offline
Junior Member

I'm not sure of the other methods, but I do have a proof of concept that take s PDF, fills in all the forms fields, and saves it out as another PDF! I have a blog post I wrote up on how to do it on my blog:

johnnycode.com

I use C# and .NET, but the code is almost the same for Java. In fact, i have a link to the original code which was Java!

pdf-forms using iText Daniel Java 0 06-09-2005 12:18 PM
iText - placing barcode =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Przemys=B3aw?= Klein Java 2 03-11-2005 07:44 AM
Templates templates templates JKop C++ 3 07-21-2004 11:44 AM
iText HTML->PDF Problems Chris Java 2 04-19-2004 12:32 PM

Advertisments