Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: MIDlet problem

Re: MIDlet problem

ScOe

"David Zimmerman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> ScOe wrote:
> > Well maybe not strait MIDlet ... I've made application for mobile device
> > which works fine on simulator but when transfered to mobile device i

receive
> > error message and app stops executing.
> > error msg: "unable to load class
> > javax/microedition/lcdui/ItemCommandListener"

> Are you trying to put a MIDP2 program onto a MIDP1 device? There is no
> IemCommandListener in MIDP1

How do i find out which version is supported by device ?

David Zimmerman

ScOe wrote:
> "David Zimmerman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

>>ScOe wrote:
>>
>>>Well maybe not strait MIDlet ... I've made application for mobile device
>>>which works fine on simulator but when transfered to mobile device i

> receive
>
>>>error message and app stops executing.
>>>error msg: "unable to load class
>>>javax/microedition/lcdui/ItemCommandListener"

>>Are you trying to put a MIDP2 program onto a MIDP1 device? There is no
>>IemCommandListener in MIDP1
>>

> How do i find out which version is supported by device ?

Ask the company that built it. If they clain CLDC/MIDP it's almsot
certainly just MIDP1

Tim Tyler

ScOe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: "David Zimmerman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

:> Are you trying to put a MIDP2 program onto a MIDP1 device? There is no
:> IemCommandListener in MIDP1
:>
: How do i find out which version is supported by device ?

System.getProperty("microedition.profiles") should provide that
information.

It says things like: "MIDP-1.0".
--
__________
|im |yler http://timtyler.org/ http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Darryl L. Pierce

Tim Tyler wrote:

> : How do i find out which version is supported by device ?
>
> System.getProperty("microedition.profiles") should provide that
> information.
>
> It says things like: "MIDP-1.0".

However, this is *not* a portable solution. Not all devices will return
this property, and it's not a part of the specification.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <(E-Mail Removed)>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce>

Downloading MIDlet form web server problem Maciej Java 0 03-13-2008 10:31 AM
platformRequest() problem in MIDlet Saaji Java 0 04-07-2006 05:09 AM
MIDlet installation problem - 906 invalid descriptor status report Farrukh K. Muhammad via JavaKB.com Java 4 02-27-2005 01:19 PM
J2ME MIDlet Problem Bob Rivers Java 0 01-10-2004 10:24 PM
Problem with midlet in n3650 ac Java 0 09-23-2003 06:02 PM

Advertisments