Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Posting a XML file to a listener URL

Posting a XML file to a listener URL

Jagan

Hi all,
I have a situation like this: A servlet Client should post a XML file
to a listener URL, and the listener responds back with a XML file
after the transaction.
1. Before posting, the servlet client should establish a session with
the server on which the listener URL is sitting and the Server will
return a cookie with the authentication credentials to the servlet
client.
2. That cookie should be added to the HTTPResponse and then the
posting of the file should happen.

The first part is happening okay ..and i could add that cookie to the
HTTPresponse.
Now, did anyone successfully post a XML file to a URL like this from a servlet?
I tried using URLConnection, but my cookie got lost and i got back a 401 error.

Any example code please!!

thanks a lot
Jagan