Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: struts - html form field using an array

Re: struts - html form field using an array

Wendy S

David Thielen wrote:

> I have a jsp page where I want to display N items where I get the N
> items from the database. I need to display and edit field with each
> item. Whats the best way to do this in struts?

Do you have to display _and_ edit them all on one page? Or can you list
them and have an 'edit' link to a page where you edit just one record at a
time? The second way is easier.

If you need the first description, check out indexed properties and nested
tags. Google for Monkey Struts, there's a neat example webapp out there.

I believe that example can be duplicated with JSTL rather than the nested
taglib, but I haven't tried.

If that still doesn't do it, post more info. What are these "items" that
you have N of? Is there only one field per item to be edited or many
fields?

Are you using Struts 1.1?

--
Wendy in Chandler, AZ