Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > On 'Submit' I send the hidden "Name" not the actual value

On 'Submit' I send the hidden "Name" not the actual value

Stone

OK .. admittedly this is newbie dumb...
I have passed (successfully) the referring URL into my form
page on loading....

<script language="JavaScript"><!--
// THIS IS THE URL FROM THE REFERRERING PAGE!
var originalURL = unescape(location.search.substring(1));
//alert(originalURL ); // this works!
//--></script>

Now I just want to send this URL name from my form when Submit
is pressed so I added this in my Form code.

<input type=hidden name=Referrer value="originalURL">

Now, ON submit I can send this hidden field, but it is always
arrives as
Referrer: originalURL
not the value I see in my ALERT test (i.e. the actual URL value link)

stupid huh... can anyone help me?

Thanks -stone

Joerg Gippert

"Stone" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:CVrVa.230210$(E-Mail Removed) .net...

Stone,
JavaScript is something different than Java programming language and has
nothing to do with Java. I know, sounds odd but I guess some clever guys at
Netscape´s marketing department picked that name . I´m sure, someone can
help you in this newsgroup: comp.lang.javascript

Regards,
Joerg

> OK .. admittedly this is newbie dumb...
> I have passed (successfully) the referring URL into my form
> page on loading....
>
> <script language="JavaScript"><!--
> // THIS IS THE URL FROM THE REFERRERING PAGE!
> var originalURL = unescape(location.search.substring(1));
> //alert(originalURL ); // this works!
> //--></script>

[snip]