Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Getting ready for 1.5

Getting ready for 1.5

Wayne

I'd like to prepare for JDK 1.5. I know that generics/templates
will be in there. Will standard Java classes be retofitted to
use this new feature as appropriate? I'm thinking of course
about the collections, but also wondering about stuff such as
the clone interface.

I also know that enums will be in there. (Because the bug status
changed to closed/fixed.) But in what form? There were at least
two JSRs for that last time I checked.

Thanks!

-Wayne

Manish Jethani

<http://java.sun.com/features/2003/05/bloch_qa.html>

Dale King

In article <bg5680$v6k$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I'd like to prepare for JDK 1.5. I know that generics/templates
> will be in there. Will standard Java classes be retofitted to
> use this new feature as appropriate? I'm thinking of course
> about the collections, but also wondering about stuff such as
> the clone interface.
>
> I also know that enums will be in there. (Because the bug status
> changed to closed/fixed.) But in what form? There were at least
> two JSRs for that last time I checked.

See:

http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=201

In particular the draft specs in section 3.1

--
Dale King

Getting ready to upgrade to ASRock K7S8XE+ News Gig Computer Information 0 10-02-2004 05:25 AM
Getting ready for MCSD! venukota MCSD 1 08-10-2004 06:43 AM
Getting ready to purchase Kodak DX6490 - Have a few questions sewerrat Digital Photography 9 06-26-2004 03:05 AM
Getting ready. JM MCAD 7 02-04-2004 07:11 AM
Getting ready to take 70-218, what can I expect? Jeff Rush MCSE 4 11-07-2003 03:43 PM

Advertisments