Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Dynamic loading of jar files...

Dynamic loading of jar files...

Reinhard Rossmy

Could I change my classpath at runtime? I'd like to load a jar file
dynamically, without any instance of class!
Knows anywhere the generic mechanismen of Java IDE Eclipse? I don't
find the right place, ****.
Thanks....

Reinhard Rossmy

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid (Thomas Weidenfeller) wrote in message news:<bg3ihv$f6s$(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> (E-Mail Removed) (Reinhard Rossmy) writes:
> > Could I change my classpath at runtime?

> No, you can't. Well, you can change the properties, but they will not
> become effective.
>
> > I'd like to load a jar file
> > dynamically, without any instance of class!

> What do you mean with "load a jar file"? If you mean
>
> - Just reading some data (files, etc) from a jar:
>
> java.util.jar
>
> - Creating objects from classes in that jar:
>
> java.net.URLClassLoader can load classes from jar's, too.
>
> /Thomas

Thank you for all answers...

Point number one is clear.
Point number two ...
I'd like to tell my application at runtime a new jar file (maybe the
same as setting all the *.jar's in classpath before running). I don't
like to instance a class.
I see the mechanism in the java ide eclipse.