Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: COM to RMI Connectivity?

Re: COM to RMI Connectivity?

Tom Davies

Frank D. Greco wrote:
> I need to connect an existing VB app to a backend Java server
> that speaks RMI.
>
> I'd like to avoid the really old Microsoft 1.1 JVM; any suggestions
> on a COM/Java bridge that uses a modern JVM (at least 1.2+) are
> greatly appreciated.
>
> We're looking at web services, but we need a short-term solution
> as part of a migration strategy.

Look at J-Integra http://www.linar.com/

Tom

Frank D. Greco

Tom Davies <(E-Mail Removed)> sez:

>Frank D. Greco wrote:
>> I need to connect an existing VB app to a backend Java server
>> that speaks RMI.
>>
>> I'd like to avoid the really old Microsoft 1.1 JVM; any suggestions
>> on a COM/Java bridge that uses a modern JVM (at least 1.2+) are
>> greatly appreciated.
>>
>> We're looking at web services, but we need a short-term solution
>> as part of a migration strategy.

>Look at J-Integra http://www.linar.com/

Thanks Tom.

I noticed the press releases from about a year ago that BEA
licensed J-Integra, but BEA is now pushing "JCOM". Is JCOM just
BEA's name for J-Integra? I tried to google for this but came
up empty on definitive answers.

Frank G.
+=========================================+
| Crossroads Technologies Inc. |
| Enterprise Java Engineering |
| Web: www.CrossroadsTech dot com |
| Email: fgreco @ crossroadstech dot com |

Why does java.rmi.Naming not implement interface java.rmi.Registry? Jan Schulze Java 1 03-26-2005 07:45 AM
RMI Vs RMI over IIOP JScoobyCed Java 1 01-28-2005 09:54 AM
java.rmi support inside Visual J# .NET =?Utf-8?B?TmFpbmVzaCBKaGF2ZXJp?= ASP .Net 2 11-30-2004 02:21 PM
RMI, JINI or RMI/IIOP Buu Nguyen Java 1 08-25-2004 11:28 AM
Re: Should I use RMI? Linus Nikander Java 0 06-27-2003 11:35 AM

Advertisments