Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java and Multiport Serial Port

Java and Multiport Serial Port

Sumit

Hi
I am trying to establish serial communication via
one of the port of RocketPort multiport serial Port
using Java 1.4 on RH 9.0. I had installed rxtx as a
comm
package(http://wass.homelinux.net/howtos/Comm_How-To.shtml)

For the code
String commPort ="/dev/ttyR6";
CommPortIdentifier portId =
CommPortIdentifier.getPortIdentifier ( commPort );
Things work fine if I use commPort ="/dev/ttyS0" but
with "/dev/ttyR6"(which is one of the rocketport port)
it causes exception.

The card is properly configured and I had tested
/dev/ttyR6 is working using od -tx1 /dev/ttyR6. I am
executing all this as root.

Moreover using
Enumeration ports =
CommPortIdentifier.getPortIdentifiers();

and listing the ports list only /dev/ttyS0 and
/dev/lp0 as the available ports.

I am quite new to Java, so I am not sure, but do I
need to use CommPortIdentifier.addPortName to add the
/dev/ttyR0-6 port.

Thanks,
Sumit

multiport memory basmala VHDL 1 04-11-2008 11:40 AM
emulate a serial port in windows (create a virtual 'com' port) Pom Python 2 01-31-2007 07:49 PM
Re: Serial port and PS/2 port schematics OR Assistive Tech. suggestion naive.verizon@locality.net Computer Support 1 07-10-2003 11:46 AM
Re: Serial port and PS/2 port schematics °Mike° Computer Support 1 07-09-2003 10:30 PM

Advertisments