Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > thermal printer

thermal printer

terry

Hi,

I needs to print an invoice by a thermal printer in a web based JSP
program, could anyone teach me how to do that? Write an applet?

Thanks!

Miguel De Anda

"terry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi,
>
> I needs to print an invoice by a thermal printer in a web based JSP
> program, could anyone teach me how to do that? Write an applet?
>
> Thanks!

I don't really know, but I'm guessing that the printer is connected to the
computer viewing the jsp/applet right? So if you want to do it from jsp,
then the server would have to be able to print to the clients printer via
sharing on windows or some printer server on linux (cups perhaps). If they
are on a small network, this may not be that hard. But jsp is probably not a
good solution since you will need to have a few extra configurations to make
this work. Maybe a signed applet could do it. It should work just like
regular printing if the printer is setup properly. I've never really worked
with signed applets, I normally make regular applications that run on the
client machine.