Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > dynamic attributes in jsp:plugin tag

dynamic attributes in jsp:plugin tag

Bronwyn Howard

I need to know how to put dynamic attributes in my jsplugin tag.

I've tried a combination of things, but I essentially want to do this:

String codeBase = clientBean.getCodebase();
%>

<jsplugin
type="applet"
code="chatapplet.chatMain"
codebase=<%=codeBase%>
height="200"
width="300"
target="_blank"
jreversion="1.3"
nspluginurl="http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/plugin-install.html"
iepluginurl="http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/jinstall-131-win32.cab"

I've tried "<%=codeBase%>".. I've also tried escape characters, and a
combination of all of the above as well as just crazy stuff that would
obviously not work, just in case it did.

I've seen plenty of people on groups asking the same question, but
noone ever seems to get a reply, or leave an e-mail or other contact
so I can ask them.

Can someone PLEASE give me the answer!!

Bronwyn.

Sudsy

Bronwyn Howard wrote:
> I need to know how to put dynamic attributes in my jsplugin tag.
>
> I've tried a combination of things, but I essentially want to do this:
>
> String codeBase = clientBean.getCodebase();
> %>
>
> <jsplugin
> type="applet"
> code="chatapplet.chatMain"
> codebase=<%=codeBase%>
> height="200"
> width="300"
> target="_blank"
> jreversion="1.3"
> nspluginurl="http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/plugin-install.html"
> iepluginurl="http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/jinstall-131-win32.cab"

Try this as your boilerplate:

<bean:define id="xxx" value="this_is_a_test"/>
<jsplugin
type="applet"
code="chatapplet.chatMain"
height="200"
width="300"
jreversion="1.3"

nspluginurl="http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/plugin-install.html"

iepluginurl="http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/jinstall-131-win32.cab">

<jsparams>
<jsparam name="java_codebase" value="<%= xxx %>" />
</jsparams>
</jsplugin>

(I'm just using the bean:define and the variable xxx as examples)