Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Jasper pre-compile include JSP pages?

Jasper pre-compile include JSP pages?

Joe Bloggs

Hi,

I have a problem where Tomcat's Jasper seems to pre-compile include JSP
pages rather than merging them into the main JSP before compiling them as an
entire page. Having pre-compiled the include pages cause the unterminated
tag errors.

Is there anything I can do to stop this "feature"? Jetty doesn't seem to do
this.

Example:
---------

header.jsp:

:

Main.jsp
--------------

<jsp:include page="header.jsp" flush="true" />

:

Shouldn't a web server like Tomcat, Jetty, etc merge header.jsp with
Main.jsp before compiling the page rather than compiling them individually?

Is there any Tomcat configuration I can set (inside web.xml or server.xml)
to stop Tomcat/Jasper from pre-compiling include JSPs?

Thanks.

Regards,

Darren

Hi

I'm having exactly the same problem. I was wondering if you'd found a solution.

Cheers

"Joe Bloggs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bfmj7j$b1o$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem where Tomcat's Jasper seems to pre-compile include JSP
> pages rather than merging them into the main JSP before compiling them as an
> entire page. Having pre-compiled the include pages cause the unterminated
> tag errors.
>
> Is there anything I can do to stop this "feature"? Jetty doesn't seem to do
> this.
>
> Example:
> ---------
>
> header.jsp:

> :

> Main.jsp
> --------------
>
> <jsp:include page="header.jsp" flush="true" />
>
> :
>

> Shouldn't a web server like Tomcat, Jetty, etc merge header.jsp with
> Main.jsp before compiling the page rather than compiling them individually?
>
> Is there any Tomcat configuration I can set (inside web.xml or server.xml)
> to stop Tomcat/Jasper from pre-compiling include JSPs?
>

> Thanks.
>
> Regards,

JSP: Jasper Compilation Error Ralf Java 1 01-20-2005 12:44 PM
JSP: Jasper Compilation Error Ralf Java 2 01-19-2005 12:30 AM
JSP Jasper error Jonny Cavell Java 0 11-17-2003 12:54 PM
JSP: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class Tim Meals Java 0 09-05-2003 10:04 PM

Advertisments