Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > display all harddisk files in a jtable ?

display all harddisk files in a jtable ?

dsri

how display all harddisk files in a jtable ?
thanks

Marco Schmidt

dsri:

>how display all harddisk files in a jtable ?

What's the problem - finding all files of a directory tree
(java.io.File.list, in combination with isDirectory and isFile), or
displaying them in a JTable (see Sun's tutorial in the API docs)?

Regards,
Marco

dsri

the problem is :

ok to display all files(tree of a disk) in a jtable but it's very long (i've
got a lot of directory and files ...)
with File

is there another way to do that ?

Marco Schmidt

dsri:

>ok to display all files(tree of a disk) in a jtable but it's very long (i've
>got a lot of directory and files ...)
>with File
>
>is there another way to do that ?

Not sure what the problem is - if you want to display all files and if
there are so many, so be it.

You could horizontally split the main frame and show a Windows file
explorer type of tree on the left and only the content of the
currently selected directory on the right in a JTable.

Regards,
Marco

dsri

thanks !