Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Deprecated warnings within deprecated code

Deprecated warnings within deprecated code

Barney Barumba

Eclipse has a really nice option "Signal use of deprecated API within
deprecated code." Turning this off removes warnings generated within
deprecated code, and only warns you when you cross the boundary into
deprecated land.

Specifically, I've implemented the java.sql.ResultSet interface and
have had to provide implementations of the deprecated getBigDecimal
and getUnicodeStream methods. I've tagged these implementations as
deprecated and never call them from within my code.

Using the above option in Eclipse removes the warnings for these
implementation methods unless I call them, but still generates
warnings for all called deprecated methods.

Is there any way of replicating this behaviour in the standard 1.4
compiler (j2sdk1.4.1_01), or does Eclipse just remove the warnings
itself somehow?

Thanks