Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Classes for a phone dialer?

Classes for a phone dialer?

JNU

I am new to the world of Java, as a personal project I would like to
write a program which dials phone numbers through a modem.

Does anyone know of any classes which I could use to do this?

(I have already looked at the API docs to no avail)

Roedy Green

On 22 Jul 2003 07:16:19 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (JNU) wrote
or quoted :

>(I have already looked at the API docs to no avail)

check out http://mindprod.com/jgloss/serialport.html

Dialling a phone is just a matter of sending a ATDT command to the
serial port.

If you want to listen to tones coming back and react, that will
require ATAPI type stuff.

Be aware that many virus programs will now block you from doing that.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.