Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > IDE for Java

IDE for Java

Raj

Hi,
I just want to know what is the most famous IDE in this community?

Thanks,
-raj

David Segall

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Raj) wrote:

>Hi,
>I just want to know what is the most famous IDE in this community?
>
>Thanks,
>-raj

If we can equate fame with "receives the most publicity" then I
suggest you first go to
http://www.sys-con.com/java/readersc...te.cfm?BType=9
which is a reader survey of IDE's and provides a guide to the most
popular. Then do a Google search in this group of those listed. You
can then tell us the most famous by giving us the weighted score of
the number of times the IDE is mentioned in this group and their
ranking as "most popular". You get to choose the weighting.

Tim Tyler

David Segall <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: If we can equate fame with "receives the most publicity" then I
: suggest you first go to
: http://www.sys-con.com/java/readersc...te.cfm?BType=9
: which is a reader survey of IDE's and provides a guide to the most
: popular.

A brief synopsis:

Borland JBuilder 3498
Eclipse 2782
IBM WebSphere Studio 1928
IntelliJ IDEA 1775
Oracle9i Jdeveloper 1223
NetBeans IDE 971
Advantage Plex 846
AnyJ 4 359
CodeGuide 263
Sun ONE Studio 4 262

JBuilder is still doing well.

IBM's combined figures look good also - if there had been an
"Eclipse or products based on it" category they would be well in the lead.
--