Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > webstart and java.util.Preferences ?

webstart and java.util.Preferences ?

Carsten Zerbst

Hi,

we'd like to enable some off our applications for webstart.
These use the preferences api, currently with the file system
implementation. Are there any solutions for preferences with webstart ?
Otherwise we'd need to implement our own provider, which I would like to
avoid.

Bye, Carsten

--
Dipl. Ing. Carsten Zerbst | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

S. Balk

> we'd like to enable some off our applications for webstart.
> These use the preferences api, currently with the file system
> implementation. Are there any solutions for preferences with webstart ?
> Otherwise we'd need to implement our own provider, which I would like to
> avoid.

I am using it with webstart, so it's possible, but you need to sign your
jar-files, otherwise the SecurityManager will throw exceptions

Java WebStart and JFileChooser Alex Schonlinner Java 0 02-27-2004 03:04 PM
WebStart: How to read and write config data? Andreas Schmidt Java 2 12-10-2003 06:20 AM
Java Webstart and JNI Henri Java 4 09-22-2003 07:08 PM
AccessControlException with JMS, WebStart, and WebLogic JayDS Java 5 08-19-2003 07:28 PM
Webstart and Resources Carsten Zerbst Java 0 07-22-2003 10:28 AM

Advertisments