Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How to run Java program without typing class name from DOS command line?

How to run Java program without typing class name from DOS command line?

tony lincoln

Dear Friends,

I finished some classes and want my friend(who is new in computer) to
use and test if my program can work well. How to realize this: he just
doulbe click the image label of my program, then several classes will
be run automatically? Without typing the class name from DOS command
line?

How to produce this image label?

Many thanks.
tony

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fr=E9d=E9ric_Minne?=

tony lincoln wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> I finished some classes and want my friend(who is new in computer) to
> use and test if my program can work well. How to realize this: he just
> doulbe click the image label of my program, then several classes will
> be run automatically? Without typing the class name from DOS command
> line?
>
> How to produce this image label?
>
> Many thanks.
> tony

Hello,

Various solutions :

1) use a batch file;
2) use an exectutable jar-file;
3) create a Windows shortcut (Tomcat installer uses that solution under
Windows, for example Tomcat);

--
------------ Frederic Minne (FSA3DS/IN)

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (remove spam before replying)
(E-Mail Removed) (remove spam before replying)
jabberID : (E-Mail Removed)
ICQ#: 51502355