Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Tomcat Options on Windows Service

Tomcat Options on Windows Service

Billy

Apologies if this has been discused before but I couldn't find any
info on Googles's groups.

I have Tomcat 3.3.1a running as a Service on Windows 4.1 server, how
do i go about setting command line options for tomcat? I'm using the
TOMCAT_OPTS environment variable set to "-Xmx320m -security" but I'm
not sure the Tomcat process launched as a service is actually using
these options as opposed to using the command line tomcat script.

Thanks in advance

Billy

Xavier Tarrago

Well, i do not think it is a supported way, but...
regedit, and find the tomcat service (something like
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Apache Tomcat
4.1\Parameters) and add parameters (JVM Option number #). Modify JVM
OptionCount accordingly.
It worked for me.