Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: where is the JFrame constructor

Re: where is the JFrame constructor

Passero

It does work now but it's strange:

my import class: import javax.swing.*;

my class:

public class TestClass extends JFrame
{
public TestClass()
{
super("Title");
}
}

i get the error that the constructor with the string parameter does not work
but when i write this:

public class TestClass extends javax.swing.JFrame it does work.... Somebody
know where it could go wrong?

Passero

it was something stupid. I don't know how but sun one studio made by a
wizard a class named JFrame for me and that's why it didn't work... That's
also why i hate those wizards...

Roedy Green

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:06:01 GMT, "Passero" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote or quoted :

>public class TestClass extends javax.swing.JFrame it does work.... Somebody
>know where it could go wrong?

sounds like there is another class called JFrame lurking about
somewhere. Try deleting all class files and reinstalling. Perhaps
your IDE tool can help you find and nuke it.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.