Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java newbie & JMF

Java newbie & JMF

user@domain.invalid

Hi
I'm an old, old man, but new to Java; it's really a nice language.

Can anyone point me to some documentation on using the JMF? I'm
replacing some other systems and one thing I need to do is have an
applet that continually gets data from a webserver and decompresses it,
it's compressed in H.263 which I see is surported by the JMF. I have the
applet going, getting data from the web but can't find how to setup and
engage the H.263 decompression. Any documentation around that covers
this area? or code? or someone who'll come round to my flat and show me?
or something?

Thanks

Steve

Roedy Green

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:36:32 +0000 (UTC), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid wrote or
quoted :

>this area? or code? or someone who'll come round to my flat and show me?
>or something?

I've had a look at this. JMF is a very complex tool. The big problem
is weeding through all the fancy options to find just what you need to
do the minimum to display a stream.

I am doing a similar project right now, not using JMF. I could tackle
yours, but I could not do it free.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Steve

Roedy,

Thanks for the offer, but this is really about my learning a new
language, which these days really means it's classes. I'm going through
the JMF API document, but finding it light on useful material, it's all
rather wordy and descriptive.

Any pointers to documents etc would be really appreciated

Thanks

Steve

Roedy Green wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:36:32 +0000 (UTC), (E-Mail Removed)lid wrote or
> quoted :
>

>>this area? or code? or someone who'll come round to my flat and show me?
>>or something?

> I've had a look at this. JMF is a very complex tool. The big problem
> is weeding through all the fancy options to find just what you need to
> do the minimum to display a stream.
>
> I am doing a similar project right now, not using JMF. I could tackle
> yours, but I could not do it free.
>
> --
> Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

API Jmf:Transcoding to different formats (Solution SUN jmf: "Transcode.java ) Misterysword@hotmail.com Java 0 08-13-2007 11:40 AM
A bug of JMF(when JMF is playing video, InterruptedException occurs after the "refresh" button of IE is clicked)? taowang.gml@gmail.com Java 1 07-19-2006 11:21 PM
JMF on MacOS X (Newbie-Question :-)) Javier Vazquez Java 1 01-25-2005 11:24 PM
A newbie JMF question David Java 1 01-18-2005 07:30 AM
JMF install on Linux: Cannot load AWT toolkit: gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk. Robert Mark Bram Java 2 12-11-2003 06:57 AM

Advertisments