Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > newbie : netbeans IDE - how to get sdk help

newbie : netbeans IDE - how to get sdk help

Walter Mitty

I've searched with google but no luck.

Can someone who uses the netbeans 3.5 IDE please explain to me how I get
the SDK help working in netbeans (e.g hilite "javax" and hit alt-f1)?

I have downloaded the latest doc hierarchy but when I try and mount it, the
javadoc manager complains that there are no valid files there for it to
index or whatever.

thanks.

dada rara

1. Mount the docs archive (or dir) as you have done, ignore the warning
2. Change the root offset to "docs/api"
3. I use CTRL-SPACE for suggestions and it also brings up JavaDoc

d.

"Walter Mitty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> I've searched with google but no luck.
>
> Can someone who uses the netbeans 3.5 IDE please explain to me how I get
> the SDK help working in netbeans (e.g hilite "javax" and hit alt-f1)?
>
> I have downloaded the latest doc hierarchy but when I try and mount it,

the
> javadoc manager complains that there are no valid files there for it to
> index or whatever.
>
> thanks.

Got a question about NetBeans IDE 6.0? Get answers from experts (Oct. 22-26) edort1@gmail.com Java 0 10-18-2007 10:10 PM
Python IDE like NetBeans/Delphi IDE fowlertrainer@anonym.hu Python 5 04-06-2005 05:56 AM
Building a GUI using NetBeans platform (not Netbeans IDE !) Pimousse Java 2 04-21-2004 07:22 AM
NetBeans v. SDK Richard Bell Java 9 02-19-2004 01:51 AM
NetBeans: How to mount the Java SDK javadocs (on Mac, if that matters) Leonard Slatkin Java 1 11-30-2003 09:59 AM

Advertisments