Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JNI Question

JNI Question

osamah_abuoun@hotmail.com

Hi :
may my describtion for the problem was not clear , my graduation project in
the faculy is Network Monitoring , after searching for good base for the
project we (me and my group) we have found the Nmap project , nmap project
is offered by www.nmsp.org or www.insecure.org , the nmap was written in C++
in which we are making our project in Java , so i try to make native for
nmap (i made a dll file for nmap), when i test the project with the native
it's work in searching for the Up computer on the LAN , when it find an Up
computer , it will try to search for the open ports on it , here the
EXCEPTION_STACK_OVERFLOW will raised , the procedure in C++ file that makes
the problem is :
- more than 500 line in one procedure (!!!!) .
- allocate a very huge number of parameter (one of those parameter is
allocating for 65000 location for integer as i remember ).

i tried to decrease the memory , but this work was waste for the time ,
because for example i need to scan all the port range 1-65000 , in addition
for there is dynamically allocation in runtime i can control them in
debugging.

My Note :
- The excutable file of the nmap project works properly without any
error and without any limitation .
- The running of the java project without port scanning works
properly too (via native and nmap.dll).
- i tried to run the nmap.exe file from java via Runtime interface
and it works properly without any problem .

i try now to work on making nmap.so (for run nmap on linux) .
so , i think , this is a complete descibtion for the state , i'll work to
prepare a sample of the project and i'll send it after some hours .
finally , i tried to find a solution for this problem but i failed , and i
have only 10 days before the project delivery in which all the other section
was complete nearly,
thank you very much .

My Best Wishes

Osamah