Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > how to read a file with non-ascii file name

how to read a file with non-ascii file name

guava

Hi,

Does anyone know how to open a FileInputStream on a file with
non-ascii file name?

I have some code like the following:
import java.io.*;

public class CopyFile
{
public static void main(String[] args)
throws IOException
{
File src = new File(args[0]);
File dest = new File(args[1]);

File[] list = src.listFiles();
for ( int i = 0; i < list.length; i++ )
{
int len = (int) list[i].length();
byte[] buf = new byte[len];
DataInputStream in = new DataInputStream(new
FileInputStream(list[i])));
in.readFully(buf);
FileOutputStream out = new FileOutputStream(new File(dest,
list[i].getName()));
out.write(buf);
out.flush();
in.close();
out.close();
}
}
}

My problem is that I will get a FileNotFoundException when I tried to
open the FileInputStream on a filename with non-ascii characters.

Thanks for any help.

Roedy Green

On 7 Jul 2003 19:40:39 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (guava) wrote or
quoted :

>FileOutputStream out = new FileOutputStream(new File(dest,
>list[i].getName()));

you had better close the input first.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/file.html to see how to display the
canonical names of your in and out file. You may be surprised.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.