Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > applet vs. canvas in applet

applet vs. canvas in applet

Rob Love

Hey,

I want to write some data onto my applet. I need to have a thread that
reads data from a socket and prints it to the applet. I have the socket and
the formatting all done, but I don't know if I should use a canvas or just
paint to the applet directly. I can use the applet's run() method and just
paint to it's graphics object. Is there some reason not to directly draw
onto an applet?

Thanks,

//Rob

Liu, Chunyen

Either one will work. (directly on applet's paint() or on a new canvas)

how to couper contenier of a canvas in an outer canvas??? olsr.kamal@gmail.com Python 10 03-15-2013 08:46 PM
Re: Applet ( canvas ) Lew Java 2 03-20-2009 03:10 AM
Canvas with scrollbars - how to get correct canvas coordinate when the scroll bars have moved? PhilC Python 2 10-25-2004 11:57 AM
Canvas scrolling - scrollBar become "disabled" on change in canvas Askari Python 2 08-30-2004 02:56 PM
Applet Canvas / Panel Problem lltaylor Java 6 05-07-2004 03:28 PM

Advertisments