Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > plotting API?

plotting API?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Per-Olav_Rus=E5s?=

Hi everybody

Is there anyone who has an API for plotting in two and three dimensions?
I am looking for a free API to use with my numerical programs. I'm not
thinking of a Java 3D like API, but an API with more high level methods
for visualizing scientific data.

Thanks
Per-Olav Rusås

Paul Guermonprez

ptolemy (berkeley) has a plotting part, scientific style.
open source.

paul.

Per-Olav Rusås wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> Is there anyone who has an API for plotting in two and three dimensions?
> I am looking for a free API to use with my numerical programs. I'm not
> thinking of a Java 3D like API, but an API with more high level methods
> for visualizing scientific data.
>
> Thanks
> Per-Olav Rusås

Marco Schmidt

Per-Olav Rusås:

>Is there anyone who has an API for plotting in two and three dimensions?
>I am looking for a free API to use with my numerical programs. I'm not
>thinking of a Java 3D like API, but an API with more high level methods
>for visualizing scientific data.

Check out the DMOZ Java charts category:
<http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Java/Class_Libraries/Graphics/Charts/>.
But "real" 3D plotting doesn't seem to be a priority there.

Regards,
Marco

Creating And Plotting Graphs morc Java 2 02-23-2006 08:22 PM
data plotting Thomas Nelson Java 2 05-17-2005 08:45 AM
Plotting points on a web page Carl Gilbert ASP .Net 1 03-07-2005 11:34 PM
Plotting simple line graphs in Visual Basic 5 Richard Owlett Computer Support 0 02-16-2004 05:19 PM
Plotting data under VisualBasic 5.0 or the VBA included with MSWord97or MSAccess97 Richard Owlett Computer Support 0 10-01-2003 08:57 PM

Advertisments