Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > java exe

java exe

Bayrat

I am new to java and after completing some basic applications i would like
to be able to run them as stand alone apps in windows.
can anyone tell me how to make a stand alone windows exe file from them
I have the sun one studio but no tutorials

Cheers

Marco Schmidt

Bayrat:

>I am new to java and after completing some basic applications i would like
>to be able to run them as stand alone apps in windows.
>can anyone tell me how to make a stand alone windows exe file from them
> I have the sun one studio but no tutorials

You'll need a native compiler. To run the exe you'll need an installed
Java anyway (most of the time), so it's not really a simplification.
See <http://www.geocities.com/marcoschmidt.geo/jcomp.html#native>.

Regards,
Marco

Jon A. Cruz

Roedy Green wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 15:42:43 +0000 (UTC), "Bayrat"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :
>

>>I am new to java and after completing some basic applications i would like
>>to be able to run them as stand alone apps in windows.
>>can anyone tell me how to make a stand alone windows exe file from them
>>I have the sun one studio but no tutorials

> see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jet.html
> http://mindprod.com/nativecompiler.html
> http://mindprod.com/gettingstarted.html

Try this link:

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/nativecom...NATIVECOMPILER

Pay attention to #3

Roedy Green

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 19:27:00 GMT, Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote or quoted :

>see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jet.html
>http://mindprod.com/nativecompiler.html
>http://mindprod.com/gettingstarted.html

whoops. I need to get some sort of automation.

those should read:

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jet.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/nativecompiler.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/gettingstarted.html
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Tim Tyler

Bayrat <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: I am new to java and after completing some basic applications i would like
: to be able to run them as stand alone apps in windows.
: can anyone tell me how to make a stand alone windows exe file from them

Java doesn't exactly encourage creating ".exe" files.

The Java way is to make a "Jar" file - which can be launched by
double-clicking on it.

The main downside (compared to an "exe") is that there is no "application
icon" protocol. Why this appears to be missing I don't know.
--
__________
|im |yler http://timtyler.org/ http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Roedy Green

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:58:54 GMT, Tim Tyler <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or
quoted :

>The main downside (compared to an "exe") is that there is no "application
>icon" protocol. Why this appears to be missing I don't know.

if you use JNLP JWS you get one.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Tim Tyler

Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: Tim Tyler <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted

:>The main downside (compared to an "exe") is that there is no "application
:>icon" protocol. Why this appears to be missing I don't know.

: if you use JNLP JWS you get one.

This is true.

Maybe one day JNLP files will have appropriate icons on them when
viewed from conventional file managers.
--