Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Live Support - Open Source System

Live Support - Open Source System

Sergio Lobo

Hello,

I have developed a simple Online Support System which is running at
www.supportdrive.com. The system is divided in 3 parts:

1- Server - Python - I am a java developer but I love Python
2- Client - Delphi 6
3- Web Client - PHP + Javascript

All 3 parts communicate with each other using XML-RPC protocol.

I would like to make this an Open Source Project if I can find some brave
souls willing to help me.

I have many ideas for this project. One of them is to create Public Topics.
At this time the system only handles Private Topics. With Public Topics we
could have a page on the main project site with a list of all Public Topics
where at least one support person would be online. This support person could
be any software developer running the project software client and being
online.

As a software developer I had many times make good use of Google.com to find
answer to my questions. However I would love to be able to go to a web site
click on a Topic which I am interested in and have free support from another
fellow developer.

Well, I believe I could talk a lot about those ideas.

Besides the code I already created, this project will count on a dedicated
server, which means, we will be able to run as many daemons as needed.

The ones who are interested in the project, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Sergio Lobo