Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: Cannot resolve Symbol (class) but why? (JSP)

Re: Cannot resolve Symbol (class) but why? (JSP)

@lex-kid

Hey people.

thanks for replying. Sorry didnt see that there was a reply allready.
Maybe i looked in the other forum.

I dont know if i understood it right but acording to you Chris i have
to make the method static and then call it with Person.methodname() ?

Unfortunatelly i havnt my Notebook here because the JDK and the
sorcefiles are on it.
But maybe next week i have it back. So i can try it.

Sorry thought there are enough infos to understand the problem. Should
i post some more?
Just tell me and i will!

so bye
alex

Chris Smith

[Again, I'm removing comp.lang.java from the distribution. That group
has been obsolete since 1996, and crossposting to it could prevent
people from seeing your question.]

@lex-kid wrote:
> I dont know if i understood it right but acording to you Chris i have
> to make the method static and then call it with Person.methodname() ?

There were a couple issues. That was one of them.

> Sorry thought there are enough infos to understand the problem. Should
> i post some more?

You should always post all the information you have, instead of only
posting a little bit and then asking if you should post more. Why on
earth would you NOT post information that might be helpful, if you have
it?

> Just tell me and i will!

Okay, I'm telling you. So do it.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

@lex-kid

Hey thanks for you help.
I studied your thread again and now it seems to be working.

I first made the methods static and also the variables.
But why do they have to be static. Isnt it a class method or class
variables then?
Then i called the method in the JSP File with
Person.ladeDBTreiber();

Later on I made a package using package Person;
in the Person.java File and compiled it. That worked fine.
So I later called the package using
<%@ page import = "Person.*" %>
in the JSP File.
What I then had to do is to place the Person.class into the right
place. Mmm think the classpath is wrong could that be?
I use Tomcat and have a directory called C:\\Programme\Apache
Group\Tomcat 4.1\webapps\jspdb\WEB-INF\classes\
There should all classes placed to I think.
Inside the jspdb Folder there are also all other files (.jsp, .java
and the Access Database)
Now I made a subfolder inside the classes directory calles Person and
placed the Person.class inside it.
Before my app placed into jspdb folder. I use Kawa Pro btw.

OK now I am trying a bit around and hope all works fine now!
You helped me a lot. Also when I was a litle bit stupid on the
newsgroup haha.
Thanks a lot!

bye

src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name ... ivanet@gmail.com XML 1 03-23-2007 12:10 PM
cannot resolve symbol errors Jody Java 1 11-11-2004 05:46 PM
unexpected token / cannot resolve symbol error vivienne wykes Java 4 07-28-2004 06:48 PM
Cannot resolve symbol Jo Java 3 04-10-2004 06:12 PM
Re: Cannot resolve Symbol (class) but why? (JSP) sufia Java 1 07-06-2003 07:06 PM

Advertisments