Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: problems using IBM's FTPProtocol bean in Linux

Re: problems using IBM's FTPProtocol bean in Linux

Van Glass

Is the Linux box behind a firewall? If so you may need to use a
passive connection. Not sure how to do this using the IBM bean however
you can also look at the FTP component included in iNet Factory.
Available for download at http://www.jscape.com/inetfactory/index.html

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Ugyen Namgyel) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hi,
> I am having problems using IBM's FTPProtocol bean in linux. I am able
> to connect and login fine, and I am even able to get the current
> remote Directory name. However when I try to change my remote
> directory or download a file the program just hangs for about 20
> seconds and returns without having performed the ftp command. I have
> taken the same code and executed on a windows box with no problems.
> Both unix(linux) and window ftp sites have been tried. If anyone here
> has used this bean and has any insight into this, I would really
> appreciate it.

Ugyen Namgyel

Yes, it was the firewall, Once I set it to use a passive connection,
everything worked fine.
thanks