Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Urgent: Client/server Message queue in java--how to?

Urgent: Client/server Message queue in java--how to?

sriram

hi,
I am writing a huge client server application. My initial approach for
the communication was to use many client threads at the server which
will listen for the clients. but now i think creating so many threads
is inefficient. so i want to
have a message queue at the server where the cliets cud deposit the
msg. and a few threads in the server will pick msgs from the queue and
process them.
my question is hoqw to do this message queue in JAva?????

thanks in advance
-Sriram

Roedy Green

On 1 Jul 2003 22:07:48 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (sriram) wrote or quoted
:

>my question is hoqw to do this message queue in JAva?????

look into various servlet wombs.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/servletwomb.html

These are various environments where such multithread pooling are done
for you.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.