Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > DBCP / Tomcat / MSSQL, connections staying active

DBCP / Tomcat / MSSQL, connections staying active

Michael Scovetta

Hi all,
I have a connection pool going to MSSQL, running under Tomcat. Very
slowly, my connection pool fills up. Can anyone think of any reasons
why this would happen? I've checked through my code a few times, and I
can't find any places where I forget to .close() the ResultSet,
[Prepared]Statement, and Connection objects, and there are no
exceptions anywhere.
Any ideas? Sometimes a connection stays idle, and it automatically
closes those, but the active ones-- I wind up closing ALL connections
after my connection pool is over 80% full, but it's ugly and sometimes
someone will still be using a connection when it gets tossed out on
him.

Thanks a bunch!

Oh, I'm using Tomcat 4.1.24, MSSQL JDBC drivers, and the DBCP that
comes with 4.1.24.

Thanks!
Mike

ASP.NET 2.0 - Sleeping connections staying open =?Utf-8?B?QWRhbQ==?= ASP .Net 3 08-15-2006 08:58 PM
DBCP Jakarta Project... gbattine Java 2 07-05-2006 09:26 PM
Using Spring to instantiate a DBCP DataSource with Kerberos Varian Java 1 12-01-2005 06:23 PM
Anyone using Jakarta Commons DBCP? GaryM Java 0 12-31-2003 03:29 PM
JDBC with MySQL 3.23.47 and Tomcat 4.1.18 (DBCP borrowObject failed: java.sql.SQLException: Server configuration denies access to data source) ck388 Java 0 06-06-2003 01:38 AM

Advertisments