Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Post to cgi/PHP

Post to cgi/PHP

Chris Malumphy

Does anyone have a short example of how to make a send a post to a cgi
script from an applet.
I would like my applet to send three pieces of data to a mysql database
on another server using php. My game needs to send three pieces of info:

the users name: which the user enters into a textarea
the date: calculated by the system
the score: calculated by the game.

the information will be sent when the user clicks on a submit button

Thanks for any help