Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > freeware installer for java project!

freeware installer for java project!

SP

hi!
can somebody help me fine a freeware installer, which is eary to handle, for
a java project?

greetingz
Sunil

Anthony Williams

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 05:09:45 GMT, SP wrote:

> hi!
> can somebody help me fine a freeware installer, which is eary to handle, for
> a java project?
>
> greetingz
> Sunil

You could try InnoSetup from http://www.jrsoftware.org

Anthony
--
http://www.micromadhouse.com
http://www.metaneo.com

Mark Benson

Try InstallAnywhere. They have a free version available. Works fine.

http://www.zerog.com

MB

SP wrote:
> hi!
> can somebody help me fine a freeware installer, which is eary to handle, for
> a java project?
>
> greetingz
> Sunil

Anthony Williams

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:37:10 GMT, SP wrote:

> hi!
> thanks...
> i have run into another problem...may be u can help with that
> my project has a few folders and subfolder and my main resides in login.java
> which is in the mail folder
> now i need an executable. i thought to make a jar package of the project
> and then run the jar from a .bat file
> would this work??
> i have neve done anything like this before...do u have a better idea?
>
> greetingz
> Sunil

Hi,

If you're using InnoSetup, it's possible to setup a number of directories
in the install script itself. Look in the script for a section labelled,
[Files]. Underneath it you can place as many files as you want using the
following:

[Files]
Source: "C:\My Program\Main Dir\mainprog.exe"; DestDir: "{app}";
Source: "C:\My Program\Main Dir\Sub Dir\MyDLL.dll"; DestDir: "{app}\Sub
Dir"

Etc..

Hope this helps,

Anthony
--
http://www.micromadhouse.com
http://www.metaneo.com

Keeger

Mark Benson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Try InstallAnywhere. They have a free version available. Works fine.
>
> http://www.zerog.com
>
> MB
>

> SP wrote:
> > hi!
> > can somebody help me fine a freeware installer, which is eary to handle, for
> > a java project?
> >
> > greetingz
> > Sunil

since you mentioned batch files, I think you are talking about windows
installs. I've noticed that JAR files are listed as "executable jar"
files in explorer, and if I double click one, it starts up a JVM and
runs it. (sometimes it fails for no main(), but hey)

If not, you can make a batch file sure. to ensure it works, i'd put
it in the install dir (where the jar is) and that way you can
guarantee it launches and don't have to mess with paths.

Klaus Kloos

SP <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> hi!
> can somebody help me fine a freeware installer, which is eary to handle, for
> a java project?
>
> greetingz
> Sunil

http://www.izforge.com/izpack/index.php3

This project works good for me (tested MacOSX and Windows).

Greetings Klaus