Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JBuilder 9

JBuilder 9

Miguel De Anda

I've recently installed JBuilder 9 Personal and there is just one thing (in
the 2 hrs) that I don't like about it:

Is there a way to force it to use tabs instead of spaces? And is there a way
to adjust the size of the tab?

Its pretty annoying to have to press the arrow like 10 times. It also
default to 2 spaces, I'm used to about 4 (I set my tabs to be like 4
spaces). It also seems like the save spaces at tabs does nothing. Other than
that, it seems to be pretty nice.

Bill Joy

The default keybinding in the CUA keymap for Tab is "format code". This
causes the Editor to format the line or selected block of text according
to your configurations in Project | Project Properties | Formatting
(which also includes the tab size) and uses the indent level of the line
above as a template for alignment.

The default keybinding for F2 is "indent" which is probably what you are
more used to.

You can change keybindings with Tools | Editor Options | Editor using
the "Customize..." button.

There is an OpenTool posted on CodeCentral which might be of use to you.
It automatically redefines the tab size when you switch files by
looking for a file in its directory which provides it.

http://codecentral.borland.com/codec...sting?id=17121

"Miguel De Anda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Nx4La.4003$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I've recently installed JBuilder 9 Personal and there is just one

thing (in
> the 2 hrs) that I don't like about it:
>
> Is there a way to force it to use tabs instead of spaces? And is there

a way
> to adjust the size of the tab?
>
> Its pretty annoying to have to press the arrow like 10 times. It also
> default to 2 spaces, I'm used to about 4 (I set my tabs to be like 4
> spaces). It also seems like the save spaces at tabs does nothing.

Other than
> that, it seems to be pretty nice.

Miguel De Anda

"Bill Joy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yE5La.4012$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> The default keybinding in the CUA keymap for Tab is "format code". This
> causes the Editor to format the line or selected block of text according
> to your configurations in Project | Project Properties | Formatting
> (which also includes the tab size) and uses the indent level of the line
> above as a template for alignment.
>
> The default keybinding for F2 is "indent" which is probably what you are
> more used to.
>
> You can change keybindings with Tools | Editor Options | Editor using
> the "Customize..." button.
>
> There is an OpenTool posted on CodeCentral which might be of use to you.
> It automatically redefines the tab size when you switch files by
> looking for a file in its directory which provides it.
>
> http://codecentral.borland.com/codec...sting?id=17121
>

> "Miguel De Anda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Nx4La.4003$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > I've recently installed JBuilder 9 Personal and there is just one

> thing (in
> > the 2 hrs) that I don't like about it:
> >
> > Is there a way to force it to use tabs instead of spaces? And is there

> a way
> > to adjust the size of the tab?
> >
> > Its pretty annoying to have to press the arrow like 10 times. It also
> > default to 2 spaces, I'm used to about 4 (I set my tabs to be like 4
> > spaces). It also seems like the save spaces at tabs does nothing.

> Other than
> > that, it seems to be pretty nice.

Sweet. Thanks.

If you try the JBuilder Enterprise trial, you won't be able to run Turbo JBuilder afterwards Ramon F Herrera Java 6 11-11-2007 06:27 AM
JBuilder 2005 - JBuilderW fails but JBuilder runs from dos box?!? davout Java 1 03-06-2005 02:38 AM
JBuilder MazingerZ Java 3 07-21-2003 02:54 PM
eclipse jbuilder project importer Timo Nentwig Java 1 07-19-2003 02:56 PM
Re: Could not find the main class - JBuilder 8 Enterprise Tris Orendorff Java 0 07-16-2003 03:18 PM

Advertisments