Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: Should I use RMI?

Re: Should I use RMI?

Linus Nikander

Not an answer to you question but a piece of advice:

If you keep object instatiation on the server you'll be in control of the
game rules because you'll be able to implement checks at the server that
decides if an action is legal or not. If you allow the clients to instatiate
their own objects then any reasonably competent programmer could make their
own client which doesn't abide by the rules you originally intended and thus
cheat...

I.e if you wan't to make a more secure game then client objects are out of
the question. If RMI is the right man for the job i'll leave for someone
else to answer.

//Linus

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...