Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Help removing a reference in a web site

Help removing a reference in a web site

shawn@adova.com

I am having a hard time finding an easy way to remove a reference to
another .net project that I am no longer using (ASP 2.0 - this was an
available option in 1.0).

Other projects have a list of references that I can simply look at and
delete a reference- with web projects, this does not seem to be the
case.

Thanks in advance....

Shawn

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

the references are in the web.config file, just open the web.config and
delete the ones you don't want.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I am having a hard time finding an easy way to remove a reference to
> another .net project that I am no longer using (ASP 2.0 - this was an
> available option in 1.0).
>
> Other projects have a list of references that I can simply look at and
> delete a reference- with web projects, this does not seem to be the
> case.
>
> Thanks in advance....
>
> Shawn

shawn@adova.com

There are no entries in the web.config file that relate to the
references. Here is a copy of the web.config file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<system.web>
<!-- DYNAMIC DEBUG COMPILATION
Set compilation debug="true" to enable ASPX debugging.
Otherwise, setting this value to
false will improve runtime performance of this application.
Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging symbols
(.pdb information)
into the compiled page. Because this creates a larger file
that executes
more slowly, you should set this value to true only when
debugging and to
false at all other times. For more information, refer to the
documentation about
debugging ASP .NET files.
-->
<compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true">
<compilers>
<compiler language="c#" type="Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider,
System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" extension=".cs"
compilerOptions="/dEBUG;TRACE"/></compilers>
<assemblies>
<add assembly="System.Management, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
<add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
<add assembly="vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/></assemblies></compilation>
<!-- CUSTOM ERROR MESSAGES
Set customError mode values to control the display of
user-friendly
error messages to users instead of error details (including a
stack trace):

"On" Always display custom (friendly) messages
"Off" Always display detailed ASP.NET error information.
"RemoteOnly" Display custom (friendly) messages only to users
not running
on the local Web server. This setting is recommended for
security purposes, so
that you do not display application detail information to
remote clients.
-->
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
<!-- AUTHENTICATION
This section sets the authentication policies of the
application. Possible modes are "Windows", "Forms",
"Passport" and "None"
-->
<authentication mode="Windows"/>
<!-- APPLICATION-LEVEL TRACE LOGGING
Application-level tracing enables trace log output for every
page within an application.
Set trace enabled="true" to enable application trace logging.
If pageOutput="true", the
trace information will be displayed at the bottom of each
page. Otherwise, you can view the
application trace log by browsing the "trace.axd" page from
your web application
root.
-->
<trace enabled="false" requestLimit="10" pageOutput="false"
traceMode="SortByTime" localOnly="true"/>
<!-- SESSION STATE SETTINGS
By default ASP .NET uses cookies to identify which requests
belong to a particular session.
If cookies are not available, a session can be tracked by
adding a session identifier to the URL.
To disable cookies, set sessionState cookieless="true".
-->
<sessionState mode="InProc"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" sqlConnectionString="data
source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password=" cookieless="false"
timeout="90"/>
<!-- GLOBALIZATION
This section sets the globalization settings of the
application.
-->
<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8"/>
<pages validateRequest="false"/>
<httpRuntime executionTimeout="600"></httpRuntime>
<xhtmlConformance mode="Legacy"/></system.web>
</configuration>

shawn@adova.com

Nevermind - I found it - Right-Click the web projec and choose Property
Pages...

Shawn