Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Compiler Error Message: BC30456: 'InitializeCulture'

Compiler Error Message: BC30456: 'InitializeCulture'

=?Utf-8?B?TWF1cmljaW8gUGlyZXM=?=

All my pages work just fine on development, but as soon as I publish
(deploy) to a W2K Server with .Net Framework 2.0 , I always get
Compiler Error Message: BC30456: 'InitializeCulture' is not a member of
'ASP.default_aspx'.
This happens for every page and after I created a MasterPage.

Please help. I have seen multiple questions from people on this same
issue, but with no answers.

Jeff Dillon

30 seconds on Google:

"I found a solution. During the publishing stage on framework 2.0 uncheck
the "allow this precompiled site to be updatable". Once I unchecked this it
published correctly and functioned correctly on IIS. With it checked I
would always receive 'InitializeCulture' is not a member of ...

Another alternative to these is to copy the files directly from your
development environment as the aspx pages define there CodeBehind pages in
there header tags. Either method will work. Option 1 is faster.

I hope this helps.

Anthony"

"Mauricio Pires" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> All my pages work just fine on development, but as soon as I publish
> (deploy) to a W2K Server with .Net Framework 2.0 , I always get
> Compiler Error Message: BC30456: 'InitializeCulture' is not a member of
> 'ASP.default_aspx'.
> This happens for every page and after I created a MasterPage.
>
> Please help. I have seen multiple questions from people on this same
> issue, but with no answers.

=?Utf-8?B?TWF1cmljaW8gUGlyZXM=?=

Excuse me, but in 30 seconds you found out the wrong response.
The problem was ambiguos inheritance in my pages.
Thanks.

"Jeff Dillon" wrote:

> 30 seconds on Google:
>
> "I found a solution. During the publishing stage on framework 2.0 uncheck
> the "allow this precompiled site to be updatable". Once I unchecked this it
> published correctly and functioned correctly on IIS. With it checked I
> would always receive 'InitializeCulture' is not a member of ...
>
> Another alternative to these is to copy the files directly from your
> development environment as the aspx pages define there CodeBehind pages in
> there header tags. Either method will work. Option 1 is faster.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Anthony"
>

> "Mauricio Pires" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > All my pages work just fine on development, but as soon as I publish
> > (deploy) to a W2K Server with .Net Framework 2.0 , I always get
> > Compiler Error Message: BC30456: 'InitializeCulture' is not a member of
> > 'ASP.default_aspx'.
> > This happens for every page and after I created a MasterPage.
> >
> > Please help. I have seen multiple questions from people on this same
> > issue, but with no answers.

Jeff Dillon

And in less than 30 seconds you were rude

At least I tried, and you're welcome. I've added you to my "don't help in
the future" list

"Mauricio Pires" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Excuse me, but in 30 seconds you found out the wrong response.
> The problem was ambiguos inheritance in my pages.
> Thanks.
>

> "Jeff Dillon" wrote:
>
>> 30 seconds on Google:
>>
>> "I found a solution. During the publishing stage on framework 2.0
>> uncheck
>> the "allow this precompiled site to be updatable". Once I unchecked this
>> it
>> published correctly and functioned correctly on IIS. With it checked I
>> would always receive 'InitializeCulture' is not a member of ...
>>
>> Another alternative to these is to copy the files directly from your
>> development environment as the aspx pages define there CodeBehind pages
>> in
>> there header tags. Either method will work. Option 1 is faster.
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>>
>> Anthony"
>>

>> "Mauricio Pires" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > All my pages work just fine on development, but as soon as I publish
>> > (deploy) to a W2K Server with .Net Framework 2.0 , I always get
>> > Compiler Error Message: BC30456: 'InitializeCulture' is not a member of
>> > 'ASP.default_aspx'.
>> > This happens for every page and after I created a MasterPage.
>> >
>> > Please help. I have seen multiple questions from people on this same
>> > issue, but with no answers.

timType3 timType3 is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

Am having the same issues and need to have the content updateable once the site has been precompiled.

I am reasonably new to .net, what did you do to remove any ambiguous inheritence.

We generally use namespace.class inheritence suchas.

Inherits="lilybrook.products_subs"

should we not be using namespaces in this context, could this cause ambigious inheritence.

Does this mean I have 2 pages inheriting the same page, as all pages seem to have unique class name.

Would masterpage inheritecne, or user control inheritence cause any of this

Any help would be great this has been baffling me for days

Tim

Dawson Dawson is offline
Junior Member

Well, 30 Seonds is all it took me on google to find this post which both fixed my problem and gave me a laugh, so thank you both kindly sirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Dillon
30 seconds on Google:

"I found a solution. During the publishing stage on framework 2.0 uncheck
the "allow this precompiled site to be updatable". Once I unchecked this it
published correctly and functioned correctly on IIS. With it checked I
would always receive 'InitializeCulture' is not a member of ...

Another alternative to these is to copy the files directly from your
development environment as the aspx pages define there CodeBehind pages in
there header tags. Either method will work. Option 1 is faster.

I hope this helps.

Anthony"

"Mauricio Pires" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> All my pages work just fine on development, but as soon as I publish
> (deploy) to a W2K Server with .Net Framework 2.0 , I always get
> Compiler Error Message: BC30456: 'InitializeCulture' is not a member of
> 'ASP.default_aspx'.
> This happens for every page and after I created a MasterPage.
>
> Please help. I have seen multiple questions from people on this same
> issue, but with no answers.

lordofthefunk lordofthefunk is offline
Junior Member

Hi, I have the same issue with Visual Studio 2008 using .NET 3.5.

I have tried unchecking the "Allow this precomplied site to be updatable" checkbox in the MSBuild Options pane of the project Properties, but it still gives me the error:

"Error 7 'InitializeCulture' is not a member of 'ASP.templates_elh2007_accomm_dwt_aspx'."

as well a host of others including:

"Error 8 'CreateResourceBasedLiteralControl' is not a member of 'ASP.templates_elh2007_accomm_dwt_aspx'."

and:

"Error 12 'Page' is not a member of 'ASP.templates_elh2007_accomm_dwt_aspx'."

Please help if you can!
Thanks, Simon

chrisemersonnc chrisemersonnc is offline
Junior Member

@lordofthefunk

I'm in the same boat...
- Visual Studio 2008
- Getting this annoying "InitializeCulture" message
- Have tried many different Codebehind/Inherits variants - nothing works.

azumasenseiguatemala azumasenseiguatemala is offline
Junior Member

I used this form of compiling you described. I unchecked the "Allow this precomplied site to be updatable" checkbox in the MSBuild Options pane of the project Properties and I repaired the display errors but I have got problems with the reports I'm using. I don't know if you can help me with this trouble I've got, and thank you for the post because it helped me.