Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Pass variable from existing page to ASP 2.0 page

Pass variable from existing page to ASP 2.0 page

nospam@meatonconsulting.com

I have an existing ASP page for which I do not have the source. I am
planning on adding a link on the existing page and have it pass the
contents of a textbox. The textbox ID is dnname and is populated with
the username of the person who logs into the page. I would like the
link to pass the populated username to a page that I am creating. It
is not anything that needs to be secret, so I don't mind doing
something like default.aspx?name=dnname. Than main thing I can't seem
to figure out is how to get the value of dnname and pass it(doing it
all through a hyperlink).

Thanks for any help and please let me know if I need to clarify
anything.