Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > runtime fatal error?

runtime fatal error?

Trapulo

I've this error debugging an ASP.NET page.

"The runtime has encountered a fatal error. The address of the error was at
0x79ee9cbf, on thread 0x16b8. The error code is 0xc0000005. This error may
be a bug in the CLR or in the unsafe or non-verifiable portions of user
code. Common sources of this bug include user marshaling errors for
COM-interop or PInvoke, which may corrupt the stack."

The page is an old page that worked well with 1.1, upgraded to 2.0. The page
seems working, but at the end I've this error and I don't know why.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Trapulo,

Thank you for posting.

As for the fatal error in asp.net application you mentioned, it seems
caused by some underlying unmanaged code. Is there any particular unsafe
code like PINVOKE or COM interop in your web application's code? Also, does
the error occurs only when you debugging the application or just in normal
running. In addition, you can have a look in the IIS log and windows
eventlog to see whether there is any useful entries relate to this problem.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security