Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Best conversion tool?

Best conversion tool?

Anon-E-Moose

"Ready4Football" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I recently inherited a legacy Microsoft Access application. Most of
> the time I write C# web apps, but rewriting this app from scratch
> would be a lot of work. The Access app has over 80 forms and 50
> reports. I doubt that any tool can completely convert from Access to
> ASP.Net, but if there is an 80-90% solution it would really help. I've
> googled the issue but I haven't found anything that looks very
> promising. If anyone knows of a quality conversion tool I would really
> appreciate it.

I don't think there is an easy way, because the programming methodology for
Access (VBA) and ASP.NET are very different.

I would bite the bullet and rewrite it - or stick with Access.

Ready4Football

I recently inherited a legacy Microsoft Access application. Most of the time
I write C# web apps, but rewriting this app from scratch would be a lot of
work. The Access app has over 80 forms and 50 reports. I doubt that any tool
can completely convert from Access to ASP.Net, but if there is an 80-90%
solution it would really help. I've googled the issue but I haven't found
anything that looks very promising. If anyone knows of a quality conversion
tool I would really appreciate it.

P.S. Sorry about the crosspost, but as this post suggests I'm incredibly
lazy.