Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET 2.0 clientvalidationfunction Firing When it Shouldn't

ASP.NET 2.0 clientvalidationfunction Firing When it Shouldn't

sam

BTW, there's a chance that __doPostBack has been rewritten in asp.net
2.0 to do this common_newPostback, altho i googled it and didn't get
any hits. If that's the case, could you tell me? It would be a new
thing to learn about 2.0.

-Sam

Stevem Stevem is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E-Mail Removed)
Client side validation is happening - when I hit the cancel button, it
never makes it back to the server - the OnPasswordValidate method is
executed and it short circuits the call back to the server. We do want
the cancel button to post back to the server, we just don't want the
client side validation function to execute on cancel.

On your cancel button you need to CausesValidation="false"

<asp:Button ID="cancelButton" Text="Cancel" runat="server" OnClick="CancelButton_Click" CausesValidation="false"/>