Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > checkbox bind with 0 = checked?

checkbox bind with 0 = checked?

Maarten

I have a bound-checkbox. The database value = 0 but the checkbox got
checked?
Why is that?
What value should be in the database for being not checked then?

tia

Scott M.

[VB.NET]

0 = False
-1 (or any non-zero value = True)

If you are getting a checked checkbox, I would look into the possibility
that the actual field data you are using to control it isn't what you think
it is.

"Maarten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a bound-checkbox. The database value = 0 but the checkbox got
>checked?
> Why is that?
> What value should be in the database for being not checked then?
>

> tia

Maarten

How can I check that the best then?
(besides running the stored procedure in SQL server and see that 0 is
returned for that (whole)column?)
Can I debug/see what the databinding presents as value?

thank you

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [VB.NET]
>
> 0 = False
> -1 (or any non-zero value = True)
>
> If you are getting a checked checkbox, I would look into the possibility
> that the actual field data you are using to control it isn't what you
> think it is.
>

> "Maarten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have a bound-checkbox. The database value = 0 but the checkbox got
>>checked?
>> Why is that?
>> What value should be in the database for being not checked then?
>>

>> tia

sirfunusa@hotmail.com

Run the stored procedure. And whole column? Is this a grid with a
checkbox column?

Set breakpoints on ItemDataBind, ItemCreated, etc.

Maarten

I am sorry!!
You where right the first time.
Stupid me!! looking at the wrong column (SQL) the last couple of hours!!!

Again sorry for wasting your time.
Problem fixed.

Many thanks for your effort

Regards,