Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Wiring events from UserControl in WebForm

Wiring events from UserControl in WebForm

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=

Hello All:

I ahve a webform which contains two placeholders. The first placeholder
contains a user control used for spell checking. When the spell checking is
done I want the control to "disappear" (i.e. I'll set the placeholder's
Visible property -> False).

In the user control, I have a publically declared event,
SpellCheckingComplete(). I want to use AddHandler to declare a handler for
the event (i.e AddHandler _spellChecker.SpellCheckingComplete, AddressOf
SpellCheckingCompleteHandler. The problem is that I can not acess the
publically defined SpellCheckingComplete event from intellisense (i.e when I
type _spellChecker. I see the Load, PreRnder, etc, but not
SpellCheckingComplete).

Do I need to do something special to wire the event in the user control to a
method in the webform?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
--