Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Migrating from 1.1 to 2.0

Migrating from 1.1 to 2.0

Stuart Quinn

Is there anything special I should know about migrating my website from 1.1
to 2.0?

I was just planning to add new pages to a project in 2.0, and then copy the
1.1 pages over one by one.

Does that sound like a good approach?

Is there an easier way?

Thank you very much.

Karl Seguin [MVP]

Visual Studio will automatically import for you...you should consider giving
that a try first. Just open the solution in 2005 and voila. Make sure to
keep a backup

ALso, make sure you are farmiliar witht he new project model (ie App_Code
and seperate assemblies). There are official Microsoft addons you can get
to work in a more 2003-like environment.

http://webproject.scottgu.com/

Karl
--
http://www.openmymind.net/
http://www.fuelindustries.com/

"Stuart Quinn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rkbXf.37730$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
> Is there anything special I should know about migrating my website from
> 1.1 to 2.0?
>
> I was just planning to add new pages to a project in 2.0, and then copy
> the 1.1 pages over one by one.
>
> Does that sound like a good approach?
>
> Is there an easier way?
>
> Thank you very much.

Winista

If your web project is kind of large and you have a lot of pages, then I
would highly recommend using MS add-on for web project model. New ASP.Net
model works great for small project conversion but for large prpjects it
will end up giving you a converted project with lot of errors especially the
ones about cyclic dependencies.

"Stuart Quinn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rkbXf.37730$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
> Is there anything special I should know about migrating my website from
> 1.1 to 2.0?
>
> I was just planning to add new pages to a project in 2.0, and then copy
> the 1.1 pages over one by one.
>
> Does that sound like a good approach?
>
> Is there an easier way?
>
> Thank you very much.

Migrating from Mozilla to Firefox Daniel Prince Firefox 1 12-11-2004 04:47 AM
migrating thunderbird to a new installation - how? sam Firefox 2 11-29-2004 01:33 AM
migrating passwords? Ken Wald Firefox 0 10-31-2004 03:53 AM
Help migrating to thunderbird from Mozilla eliot Firefox 2 08-27-2004 07:01 PM
Thunderbird file sharing & migrating/remoting data-mine@else-wh.ere Firefox 0 04-30-2004 03:50 AM

Advertisments